The 2020 Candidates Tournament is an 8-player double round-robin that will decide Magnus Carlsen’s challenger for the World Championship match later this year.
1. #2 Ranked – Fabiano Caruana, USA, rated 2842.
2. #3 Ranked – Ding Liren, China, rated 2805.
3. #4 Ranked – Alexander Grischuk, Russia, rated 2777.
4. #5 Ranked – Ian Nepomniachtchi, Russia, rated 2774.
6. #11 Ranked – Anish Giri, Netherlands, rated 2763.
7. #12 Ranked – Wang Ho, China, rated 2762.
8. #39 Ranked – Kirill Alekseenko, Russia, rated 2698.
*** Two weeks before the Candidates Tournament, Azerbaijani’s Teimour Radjabov withdrew from the Candidates Tournament, citing personal reasons.
Hou Yifan relinquished her Women’s World Chess Champion title in 2018 to pursue her studies at Oxford, and played only a few Classical Chess games in 2019.
SOLVE A PUZZLE & WIN!
Solve a chess puzzle, enter the weekly drawing as often as you like, and win awesome prizes! Winners’ prizes are listed below. If you don’t win this week, try again next week! New puzzles are posted daily!
CHESS PUZZLES WEEKLY PRIZES
Below are the weekly prizes we send out! If you don’t win, try again the following week for your chance to win! Click on the prize to learn more about it.